When There's Love at Home

When There's Love at Home

Sunday, March 24, 2013

Loving my sweet baby Scarlett June!!!


WELCOME SCARLETT JUNE TERRY! 
Born 3-13-2013 at 6:40 pm Weight 7lbs 5 oz Height 19 3/4 inches
Scarlett June is one week old here and already caught a little smile on her face! Her sweet spirit is already filling our lives up with happiness GALORE! :-)
 Labor Recap- Had lots of irregular contractions for a couple days. Would not dilate. Went to the doctors- they told me to go to the hospital since the contractions were pretty painful. The midwife got me hooked up to Pitocin, got my epidural, dilated from a 4 cm to an 8cm in about 2 hours. They broke my water, dilated to 10 cm in about 20 minutes, and was READY to push! Mom barely made it there to see the baby come into this world! Pushed about 4 times and Scarlett June arrived at 6:40 pm on 3-13-2013. She is my mom and dad's 13th grandchild, our 3rd child, ( lots of 13's and 3's associations!) And she weighed 7lbs 5 oz, 19 3/4  inches long. She was the happiest baby out of my three, and hardly cried at all her first couple days of life. We LOVE you Scarlett!!
          Right after Scarlett was born- her first couple minutes of life right in my arms.
Getting ready for her bath! She loves her fingers!

Scarlett's first bath- the only time she really cried the whole time at the hospital!
The grandmas and great grandmas giving love to their new grandbabe!
Scarlett getting her first "professional" picture taken
Daddy's new little love!
 Scarlett 1 day old- family pic- minus Malachi!
Kissing my little munchkin.
 My dad visiting me and Scarlett at the hospital!
  First day home- Lilia holding baby sister who is now 2 days old!! I just can't take enough pics! EEK!
 Malachi attempting to hold baby- a very scary situation for me- but he loooooves holding his sissy.
                                          Newborns sleep alot and so do Daddy's!!!
                                          Grandma holding Scarlett while she does a little stretch.
                      3 days after delivery pic- belly slightly smaller I think!! And I love Malachi's face!
                                             
                                          Malachi and Lilia can't get enough cuddles with their little sissy!
                                             
                                   Another sleeping pic- I can't keep this baby awake anywhere!!
                                                Malachi's favorite sleeping position- HAhah.
                                                             Snuggling my baby
                                                              Relaxing on the bed
   Caught the best expression from Scarlett- Funny one eyed pirate face is an actual hereditary thing for my kids and sister's kids to do. haha.
                                           Easter egg hunt at my sisters ward in engle-HOOD

 The kiddos with their bestest friends ever! Lilia got a BFF bracelet from Eva a couple days ago- and Eva had the biggest smile on her face. It melted my heart. Lilia proudly asked me if I knew what BFF stood for- and then she excitedly answered for me "BEST FRIENDS FOREVER!" We must always live close to these cousins!! :-)

Scarlett June is here!! She is truly a blessing from Heaven! I love her sooooo much and honestly, I can't wait to have more!! She sleeps a lot of course right now. She looks like such an angel to me, and I am just cherishing every second I spend with her. They grow up so fast- and I am realizing that more and more with each child I have. I even love all of her little cries in the middle of the night to nurse, get her diaper changes, and just be cuddled. I am in happy mommy land and I don't ever want to leave. I have also been one emotional girl- and I can just look at Scarlett and start bawling as I realize she is getting older every second I look at her. LOL. That makes me laugh though, because I remember with Lilia how excited I was as she grew older. I couldn't wait to see how she changed, and grew, and learned new things. So, I am trying to cherish these moments but also look forward to the many exciting adventures that await my little one. Lilia has been sooooo good with her and loves to hold and rock her to sleep, and she sings her little lullabies. It is so precious. Malachi is also very loving to her and wants to hold her alot- but he doesn't really understand how to support a baby's head yet. So, having him hold her is kind of... scary! He still is learning how to treat a baby. The other day she was asleep in her basinett, and I went to look at her, and Malachi had placed a toy right on her sweet sleeping Face!! I was seriously shocked. How do boys think of doing certain things? I love my little guy, and I know he is adjusting to a lot. Not only that, but he had to have tooth surgery right after she was born, and even had a tooth pulled! So he has really been a trooper. Nathan has been such a wonderful daddy to them all and a very loving hubby and has really helped me soo much this past week. I feel pretty good now and am truly amazed at how fast I've healed from this last delivery. It has been a miracle- I hardly even feel like I delivered a baby a week and a half ago!!

Easter is this weekend. The kiddos are all excited. And I am hoping to have lots of fun decorating eggs with the kids, getting easter baskets from the easter bunny, and most importantly, teaching my kiddos the true importance of Easter and the wonderful blessing Christ's atonement and resurrection is in our lives. I am sooooooo grateful for Jesus Christ, and his sacrifice he made for all of us. I have overcome great things through God's mercy, forgiveness, love, comfort, and great strength. These truly are blessings I have felt in my life through Christ's atonement. I wish all of you a very memorable Easter week!



                      

2 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Congratulations!!! So excited for your new family member. :)

Greta said...

I love the picture where Scarlett and Nathan are sleeping side by side (in the same pose as well). I have one of Kurtis and Sam like that and I love it. Also, on the day you went to the hospital, Grandma was dropping Lilia off at school and she looked at Grandma and said "don't go the hospital until I'm out of school!" Sooo cute :)