When There's Love at Home

When There's Love at Home

Monday, February 25, 2013

Malachi's Birthday Bash fun and the Kool Kalahari



My Sweet Malachi turned 3!! 
Kalahari Resorts!! A fun family weekend getaway!
Deliciously expensive Kalahari Resort icecream! :-) But it was soooooo worth it. 




Black light jungle themed miniature golf! The kiddos looved it!
Miniature bowling- Malachi was seriously hurling the bowling balls down the lane as hard  and as fast as he could. It was so hilarious.

A HUGE waterpark! Soooo great for kids and adults!
35 weeks preggo and had to wear a swim suit- not the most pleasant  to squeeze my belly into! But it was sooo awesome to  swim with the kiddos. Lilia had never seen a wave pool before- and she thought that was the coolest thing ever!
My love!!!
Birthday hugs from sissy!








This last picture is my preggo self at 37 weeks! I am almost there! i am actually now 38 weeks and 2 days. So not much longer left. We have had a fun filled January and February. In January Nathan had a podiatry conference for work that we were able to go up there with him and have little mini vacation at "Kalahari Resort." It was a huge place! Our room was very nice, and the water park was GIMONGOUS! It had multiple children's pools, pools with basketball hoops, a wave pool, a really fun lazy river, TONS of slides, and surfing waves, and jacuzzis that went indoor/outdoor. We spent hours just enjoying the pool every day. They also had a little arcade area, where we went black light golfing with the kids- they wanted to do that over and over again. We also did the miniature bowling with them. Inside the hotel they also had a live Kookaburra bird- which Malachi poked his finger in its cage and the Kookaburra totally bit him with his huge beak! It was kind of funny- luckily his finger didn't get hurt- but I think malachi learned his lesson about poking his finger into a bird cage. They also had baby tigers and lions inside the hotel. The baby tiger they were even letting the kids pet- just not by his head they kept telling the kids. That is comforting! Outside of the hotel that had a petting zoo, but it was too cold for us to go out there. The kids most favorite part of it though was the seriously GIANT "Tree house" is what it was called. Basically, imagine like a McDonalds play land or YMCA play land, and times that by 20! It was sooooo big and sooo fun. Even adults could go up into it and explore all of the tunnells, slides, etc. We all had so much fun! 

February 5th was Malachi's 3rd birthday! We celebrated it twice- once on the actual day of his birth, and the second time with all of the grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins! Malachi shared that celebration with his cousin Eva who turned 6 years old! Malachi loved his cake that I made him, and I think ate like 3 pieces. His favorite presents were the finger paints, the battery powered bubble blower, and sparkly green froggies that his cousin Harvey got him. Malachi is such a joy in my life! He is such a giggly kid, and LOVES to dance. If he hears music- he will start dancing no matter where we are. He also is also getting better at coloring and singing! And, he just learned how to do some pretty awesome cartwheels. I'm hoping to get him signed up for swimming class sometime soon. He's not a big water lover- but I know he'll enjoy it once he gets over his fears. 

Nathan and I had a fun Valentine's day together! We went to our ward valentine's day dance and danced the night away in each other's arms! :-) I couldn't have been happier- although- I did feel funny doing the cha cha slide with a huge preggo belly! But, I am glad we had the chance to have a fun date night before our sweet little girl comes into the world. I can't wait to meet her. I am getting more and more anxious to hold her in my arms and snuggle her close. I wonder what my delivery will be like? Hopefully not like Malachi's! I went all natural with him, and had to push for 3 1/2 hours to get him out! It was pure pain. Definitely felt like I was going to die giving birth to him. Luckily with a lot of prayers and blessings, I was able to push him out and he was a healthy little guy and I eventually did recover from a very traumatic birthing experience. My plan this time- when I start to really feel the labor pains- go to the hospital, get the epidural- turn on some good cable tv, and relax until it is time to push! Then, push the baby out in 20 or so minutes and Wahlah! :-) Easy peasy. If only it could work out like that? I guess we'll see in a couple weeks!! In the mean time, we've all been horribly sick for 2-3 weeks- but we are starting to recover! Hopefully I'll be healthy by the time I give birth. Have a great March!! 

3 comments:

Mamapierce said...

Didn't know you had a blog, until I saw it on Leisy's! You look awesome! What a fun vacation. :)

Unknown said...

where is that fun place? it looks like a jungle version of great wolf lodge

Katrina said...

Kalahari resort is in Sandusky,OH- so it is about 3 hours away. It was definitely a great place to have some fun as a fam!