I wanted to list the things I am thankful for now, in case I don't get to post again before Thanksgiving.
First- I am soo thankful for the gospel. Growing up with it, I think it is easy to take for granted what a blessing having the full gospel of Jesus Christ in my life really is. Having a knowledge of my Savior and his love for me and the great plan of happiness that is laid out for us, allows me to always see past the hard times of furnaces not working, cars breaking down, and kids playing in the toilet, and realize, that those hard things are such a little dot of frustration in the eternal perspective. We can all have an eternity of happiness if we move forward with faith and don't let the little trials overcome us and bring us down. Heavenly Father is waiting for all his children with open arms and great blessings to bestow upon us, if we will do as he asks, and follow his prophets and keep his commandments.
Second- I am so thankful for the Scriptures, for everyday that I read them, a greater peace is brought into my life. Light is shed upon those things that I have questions about. And being able to read them every day allows me to feel closer to the Savior and feel his love for me and for my children, and for all people, greater in my life.
Third- I am so grateful for my family. My husband is working soo hard to provide for us and to finish his schooling. He is always such a sweet friend and companion to me, and he never is too tired to rub my back when he gets home from a long day. I have learned a lot from his selfless example to always think of others before myself. My children have also been my two greatest blessings I have ever received. They fill me with an overpowering love that is unique and all enduring. Their sweet spirits bring such great joy, happiness, and of course, excitement into our lives! They definitely bring an increased amount of patience as well as I help them learn and grow into happy, educated little souls.
Fourth- I am grateful for the opportunity to serve and share the gospel. A couple months ago, I had the great blessing of having an investigator and the missionaries in my home to teach the discussions. All I can say is WOW! The spirit that is brought through missionary work is simply amazing. For about 4 weeks straight, I was able to bear my testimony to this sweet girl, and as she learned the gospel and began to grow her own testimony, I felt a love for her and I felt so much joy which probably didn't even compare to the amount of joy our Heavenly Father felt having another one of his daughters come to Christ and be baptized. I have a stronger testimony now of the need to share the gospel, even if I feel like the other people will think I'm a little "different" for doing so, it is still soooo worth it!
Fifth- I am grateful for the little things in life- the sound of my baby boy's laugh, my daughter's sweet smile, the fun times of playing red light, green light and duck duck goose with my children and nieces. Sweet friends and play dates. Dates with my sweet husband. Going to the temple. Dancing! Singing with my family! Parents and grandparents who love me and bend over backwards to always be there when we need them! Nature- all phases of it- the warm summers, the colorful fall, the snow-filled winter, and the blossoming spring! My 4 sweet sisters and one of a kind- so serviceable brother! I am also sooo grateful for all those that serve in the church and sacrifice so much to serve their fellow men. I could go on and on- but I'll just end it by saying-"THANK you!"
Anyways, I wish everyone a very happy, joyful, and thankful Thanksgiving!!
3 comments:
I'm glad you came to playgroup and that I was able to see you. I've thought about you a lot this past month. I hope you have a great Thanksgiving.
Thanks Adrianne! I think that was the first time I've ever been able to come to playgroup! I hope I can come more often now. It was so nice seeing and chatting with you- congrats on finally having a girl!! woohoo!
I loved you post Katrina! Thanks for reminding me about eternal perspective on life. I have had lots of practice being a mom, but sometimes those small frustrations can seem so huge! We are so lucky to be Moms with dear little ones aren't we?
Have a great Thanksgiving!
Post a Comment