When There's Love at Home

When There's Love at Home

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

You little goof!!


In the past few months there have been miracles, trials, lazy days, fun days, sick days, busy busy, lack of sleep, hubby gone a lot, Halloween fun, and many days of just doing the "mom" thing- feeding kids, reading books, playing with toys, going to parks- all of the good stuff of course!! :-) ALSO- this fall has been the most beautiful weather EVER here!!!

So- the last months in a nutshell-we did get to have one day of going to the temple- which was wonderful and was our first time since my sister's wedding. It felt so good to be back there. I am wanting to go more often- but time always seems to get the best of me. We also went to a "Fall Farm Fest" with some friends, and we had such a sweet time- went on a hayride, rode some ponies, looked at cute animals, let the kids crawl through a hay maze, and picked out a pumpkin. Nathan was very busy the past couple months with school and his new job- which he is really loving. But because of him being so busy- we have had limited time together- and I have missed him a TON! But- because of that, I have been able to have some good play dates with other friends from church who are also "husband-less" mostly for the time being. Thank goodness for sweet friends and family!

We also went to a Halloween party and Nathan dressed up as my "Asian Sister" which everyone said he was a "Geisha"? First time I had heard of that. I didn't look very Asian, but HEY it was last minute okay? :-) We also went to a spooky haunted house and trail that same day and it was scary- so I basically screamed the whole way through it and closed my eyes and didn't see barely anything. Nathan was like "Why do you like going to these haunted things if you don't even open your eyes to see anything?" LOL- I'm not really sure.

We also had soo many other fun Halloween get togethers and Lilia really enjoyed it. The day of Halloween though the kids were all sick and basically cried the entire day. So, I went to the doctor and met a funny man. Right when I got out of the car, he walked right up to me, looked me in the eye, and said "You little GOOF!" I didn't really know how to respond. I was like, "Oh, Hi! haha." Then he ended up in the same office as I was with Malachi. And all this man could do was stare at my precious little boy and say, "You little NUT!" repeatedly in a somewhat loud scary voice. haha! Then, he tried to hook my baby up with another baby girl, and told the baby girl that "This boy has blonde hair, so he must have LOTS of money." The man's wife whispered to me that this guy had had a previous stroke. That's why he was acting the way he was. So, it reminded me to never judge people because you never know what they've been through!! It was all pretty humorous to me though. So, now I keep calling my baby "you little nut, and you little goof!" just for fun. Good times!

Now I am just REALLY looking forward to the holidays. My hubby will be home more because he will be on a break from school, and I love basically everything about the holidays- the music, the food, the sweet smells, the Christmas tree and decorations,the SNOW,the giving, the Spirit, the wonderful memories made with those I love most- my FAMILY!! And it will be Malachi's first Christmas which is special!

My goals during the holidays- Find a way to serve more than receive throughout the season! I also hope to share the gospel with a friend/neighbor. Not sure in what way I will do it or who it will be, but I just think that is one of the greatest gifts we can give to someone is our knowledge of the gospel, that Christ lives and LOVES us so much and that there is an AWESOME plan for all of Heavenly Father's children to be happy and gain eternal life! I'll have to pray to find a way to fulfill that goal. Missionary work is simply amazing!

Anyways- here are the pics from the fall!










2 comments:

Amelia said...

very cute! I love nathan as a geisha...I guess my title of my blog post motivated you to get yer bloggin butt in gear. love ya

Katrina said...

haha- it did. for sure!! :-)