When There's Love at Home

When There's Love at Home

Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Choicemaker at work!!!

Basically this post will be just a lot of pictures because I just love posting my favorite pics so all my fam/friends can see! The main topic of these pictures is Lilia of course, because she just recently turned two, and lately her choice maker, as my sister Amelia calls it, is finally developing. I will admit, it is very fun to see my little baby finally learning that she can decide for herself what she wants out of life. For example, I will ask Lilia, would you like cereal or oatmeal for breakfast? And she usually chooses cereal very ecstatically, because I buy the colorful cereals like fruitloops, which all kids can't resist. And, I'm sure that food coloring has to have some nutritional value, right??? But, those are the less stressful choices she has to make.

Her choicemaker has also been the one thing stressing me out!! So, we are getting ready to go outside, and I tell Lilia, "It's time to put on your shoes." And Lilia says, "No, they're dirty." By the way, anything she doesn't want to wear is "Dirty" as she calls it. haha. So, I"m like, "no, they're not dirty, they are clean, and they will keep your feet from getting hurt." So, I ask her again, "Please come and put on your shoes," and once again Lilia states even more sternly, "NO, they'r dirty!" So, it gets to the point where I have to override her choicemaker, and put on her shoes while she is kicking and screaming "Dirty, dirty, dirty!!!" So, this has been happening on a daily basis almost. I'm hoping soon, she'll realize that shoes are part of going outside.

Her other choices she's been making is deciding to wear her "silky princess" pajamas, all day, all night, and every day throughout the week, until basically it is soaked in either ketchup or juice, and I have to wash it. She also decides that she wants to watch Winnie the Pooh on a daily to 2x daily basis. She only likes hotdogs and ketchup to eat for lunch, and the only person she really wants to see all day every day, is her little cousin Eva. No matter where we go, she says EVA! Eva! Eva happy! She says happy after something if it makes her happy. Like, "Hot dogs happy." "Winnie the pooh happy." Etc. lol!! She just truly cracks me up!! I love raising my little Lilia! So now, onto the fun stuff, Pictures from the last couple of weeks, but mostly from Lilia's birthday celebration! Woohoo!! Happy 2nd Birthday Lilia!

At the Cincinatti Zoo for Lilia's first time!!
Man, an Alligator got loose!! Help!!!
Family Birthday picnic partay!

Nathan drenched everyone with his supersoaker!!

Then, I drenched Nate!! hahahah.
Lilia loving gazing at her yummy cake!!!
thank you Aunt Rachie for the birthday bow!! So cute!
My beach babe!
The cutest hubby and baby ever!!!!!!
And of course, We had a BLAST tubing! Woohoo! Lilia's birthday rocked! Thank you family for all being so awesome!

4 comments:

Amelia said...

Lilia and Eva need their own little 2 year old compound just for them. Then they can eat hotdogs with ketchup, wear nightgowns 24/7, go shoeless and wrestle over dolls 24/7.
and yes we all know that artificial colors and flavors had alot to do with our families extreme genius!

Katrina said...

Hahaha!! Yes, that would be there dream world wouldn't it?? That is exactly why we need to buy land and live on it together!

Chapman Channel said...

Oliver's "choicemaker" is constantly trippin' me up--only now he gives ME choices, i.e.: "MOM, you have THREE OPTIONS: 1, you make me pancakes. 2, you make me pizza. 3, I eat brownies for dinner. Those are your three options...according to Oliver.

Katrina said...

That is hilarious!!! At least they aren't totally bad options!! haha. knowing Lilia, when she is that age, she'll be like these are my three options for dinner: cookies, brownies, or icecream...