My mom treated me out on a beautiful, historical, and relaxing vacation to Williamsburg, Virginia. I learned SO much history there. We stayed at the Powhatan Resort, which was the home of a house built in 1620!! One of the oldest houses built that is still standing!! We went to Yorktown-the battleground that basically won the Revolutionary war, and we went to Jamestown (home of Pocahontas), and downtown historic Williamsburg. I not only learned more about our country's heritage, but I now have such a greater appreciation for the all the people that sacraficed their time, food, money, family, and own LIVES to build this, not only free, but God-loving country! It really makes me sad to see how strong these people fought for freedom from burdensome taxes, but yet we are now in the same predicament once again! Because of people's greed, certain leaders have veered off from what our forefathers wanted this country to stand for! I definitely think we should stand up in whatever way we can to keep our country free from burdensome, unneccessary taxes, and to stand up for the religious values that this country was built upon in the first place!!!
On another note, it was SO beautiful there, and I enjoyed spending time with my mom, grandma, Aunt, cousin, and little Bro!! We had a blast! We swam, played tennis, ran into Nathan's bro and sister-in-law and talked while the kids played on the swing set, exercised, went to many delicious restaraunts, went to the beach, and went to very amazing museums!! I miss it a lot! But, I am glad to be back home with my sweetheart!! Next time, I am taking Nathan there! He would love it!
Here are some pics!
2 comments:
Hey teensie! I am glad you guys had so much fun! What a neat place, huh! Mark and I should have done more touristy things when we lived there! haha!
The person who took Elsie's pics was the photographer friend for Aaron's sister's wedding last weekend! They turned out so cute huh! =)
Luv ya- and see ya next weekend!
What a nice little vaca! Sounds like fun.
Post a Comment