So, I didn't ever listen to the world's view. I married at 19, had my first child when I was 20, and now, 8 years later, will be having my 4th! Many of you may still be wondering, "Why is it that I decided to have such a large family?" And the reason is because of my understanding of one of our greatest purposes here on this earth. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints teaches us that bearing children is essential to God's plan of happiness!
I love this quote concerning Motherhood: "It’s the highest, holiest service assumed by humankind. It’s the definition of selfless service. It’s both a daunting responsibility and a glorious opportunity. The divine role of motherhood is a gift from God, and key to His plan of happiness for all His children."
This is also a wonderful quote! "God chose mothers to bear the responsibility of providing physical bodies for His children through the miraculous process of pregnancy and
birth. Being a mother means participating in the miracle that is God’s
greatest work. Thomas S. Monson, a modern-day prophet, said, “One cannot
remember mother and forget God. Why? Because these two sacred persons,
God and mother, partners in creation, in love, in sacrifice, in service,
are as one.”
We are taught that marriage is necessary for the accomplishment of God’s
plan, to provide the approved setting for mortal birth, and to prepare
family members for eternal life. “Marriage is ordained of God unto man,”
the Lord said, “that the earth might answer the end of its creation;
and that it might be filled with the measure of man, according to his
creation before the world was made” (D&C 49:15–17).
I LOVE my children! I wouldn't trade any of them for all of the traveling, relaxing, and money in the world! I know they will have an eternal impact on me as a person, shaping me into a more patient, loving, and spiritual being! My heart truly cannot contain all the love I have for these little ones. I am grateful to God for this opportunity I have to bring another little life into this world! I pray that I will provide a home where they can learn, grow, and be oh so happy! I hope my friends and family will better understand how important being a mommy is to me! And I am forever grateful to my mom and grandmother for truly being great examples of mothers to me.
| Random pic of my kids and their cousins having their first Lemonade Stand! They made some big bucks!! :-) Way to be entrepreneurs! |
1 comment:
Thank you Kat for sharing this!!! Keeping an eternal perspective is the key to finding happiness every day !!! This was beautiful!!
Post a Comment