The past 2 months have been SO busy!! Scarlett has grown so much! She is 5 1/2 months old! She LOVES to eat baby food- baby carrots and peaches are her FAVORITES right now. She grabs ALL food- and has tipped over multiple cereal bowls, grilled cheeze sandwich, and today, a big bowl of cheesy vegetable soup. She sees food- and she litterally just starts shaking from excitement, and flailing her little arms everywhere!! haha. It is adorable. She loves tummy time- and pushes herself up really well. She has even pushed up onto her knees today- so she is probably getting close to crawling! She is sitting a little bit on her own. She babbles and makes cute baby noises. But still, my favorite noises of all are her giggles! I will do everything possible to get her to laugh. Most of all she loves tickles, and her little brother jumping around always makes her laugh. She is very social little girl. If there are any other babies around her- she is SO happy! Because she loves to be with people- she also loves having me carry her around a lot! So, that has been fun. :-)
Lilia just started 1st grade! Eek! I can't believe it. She loves it so far. she is in a class with some sweet friends. Her teacher is very nice, and I am excited to see how the school year goes! Lilia loves the fact that she gets TWO recesses every day. :-) She is a reading machine. And is currently reading all of the kid scripture stories. She has probably read over 300 pages of them in the last month! She also loves to swim- and took swimming lessons this summer. She is a little fish now! swimming under water, diving off of diving boards! Such a brave girl! I don't think I dived off of diving boards until I was like 10!
Malachi doesn't know what to do without Lilia every day! He sure misses his big sister, and seems a little bored without her. But, he has been able to have more mommy-son time- which is good! I love reading him books that are more at his level and seeing him really enjoy them! He also is so good with Scarlett and helps entertain her when i am trying to get chores done around the house. Malachi is such a little giggly boy- and loves to LAUGH! a LOT! Lately at night- I tell him long bed time stories that have some humor in them, and he litterally laughs so hard he is in tears and grabbing at his belly. hahaha. I just love it. He is finally sleeping through the night due to us allowing him and Lilia to be roomates! He needs a snuggle buddy- and after three and half years of snuggling, it's time for me to get some sleep! haha. So, he loves the fact that him and Lilia get to kind of share a room for now. Hopefully I'll have a boy next, and he can share a room with him when they get older. Malachi is in speach therapy- and already learning to pronounce letters he has never been able to pronounce! yay! He can say a G sound and a K sound! He also took swimming classes and can now swim with only a noodle!!
Nate has been working hard this summer! And I have just been trying to get back into shape! But, unfortunately- last week- I sprained me ankle. grrrr. But, it is healing fast so I have to just be happy I have two feet and someday soon I'll be all better again. We did go on a family vacation at the beginning of august. We went on a "local" trip to columbus where we visited COSI, went roller skating, and went to a lake. We also went to Cinci, where we went to Newport aquarium and Coney island! The kids all had a blast. We stayed in pretty nice hotels, and the last one gave free cookies all day and had a nice pool. So we all had fun swimming there. Coney island was fun- Malachi especially loved it and even rode the biggest roller coaster there!! He would scream and put his hands up in there! IT was so cute. He actually was almost flying out- I had to hold him in as we rode it! scary! We also watched charlotte's web on our trip and it was Malachi's first time watching it. By the end of the movie- Malachi sat straight up in the bed, and said, with tears rolling down his cheeks, "THAT WAS A SAD movie!!!" awwwww. Then, the next day he told me he had a dream that he was a baby pig, and I was a mommy spider- and that i died. LOL. He is such a silly boy. That movie must have traumatized him. Anywho- a wonderful, blessed summer we have had!
Now, its' time for the busiest time of year! Nathan's work always picks up a lot, and running Lilia back and forth to school, plus going to numerous appointments/classes always keeps us all busy until before we know it, it's CHRISTMAS! But, for now, I am going to enjoy the rest of summer!!! :-) May god bless us all this month with peace, happiness, and LOTS of fun times with our loved ones and friends!
No comments:
Post a Comment