Time for my tri-annual update! I promise- I have a personal journal, and I at least write once every month or two in there.
ANYWAYS, there have been sooo many fun and memorable times in our small little life to count over the last 3 months. To sum it up- My little sis got married on April 6th 2010- and it was a beautiful and lovely wedding. Now, I just can't wait to have the newly weds move back to Ohio (hopefully in a couple years? :-) ) so that I can spend some fun times with them!! In addition to that, we've had some great times at Carriage Hill with my sister. I think every time we went there, the kids would collect multiple eggs from the chicken coop- then one was bound to break and along with that came much sobbing from whichever child's egg broke- usually either Lilia's or Eva's. The goal of collecting eggs was to get one of them to hatch- and Amelia won that contest. After 3 tries- she finally has gotten one of the eggs to hatch a black and white chick! The kids were so excited! Now, she has a chick running rampant and pecking at people around her house. :-) Nate, me, and my kiddies have had many wonderful get-togethers with great friends!! Nothing is cheaper, and still tons of fun than playing games like Bang, Risk, or euchre with wonderful people! My daughter Lilia has made new friends and loves every second she gets to hang out with them! The funny thing is, she remembers her friends names, and the parents names as well! She is much better than me, I always forget names. Most recetly, Lilia has turned 3, Malachi will be 4 months on June 5th, and Nate and I will be celebrating our wonderful 4 year anniversary on June 3rd!!
Today we just blew up a kiddie pool and Lilia is having the time of her life in it! It helps to have her cousin Eva over too to play with her. They are such cuties! Summer is wonderful. Running outside in the beautiful morning weather has been very therapeutic for me. And although, we definitely have our hard times in the Terry life- getting Nathan through school- life has been overall blessed and happy! I miss my hubby so much when he is gone at school alllll day long, but it does help me better appreciate the times when he is home!
I do not think my life is perfect, and I am grateful that it is not. Because through the hills and valleys of life- Heavenly Father has helped me grow and gain greater faith in him and his son Jesus Christ. I realize that without God, I am nothing, and I must always put Him first in order to have the true joy and happiness my heart desires! Thank you mom and dad for listening to the missionaries those many years ago, so that I could be blessed with the Gospel in my life growing up and to have Christ as my pillar to guide me each step of the way. I hope I can teach my children the same principles I was taught growing up so that they too can have the comfort and happiness that the gospel of Christ brings!
5 comments:
love the post!! Such beautiful words! also very beautiful babies!
Thanks Kera!! You're so sweet!
I didn't know you could collect eggs from the farm! That's cool. Your babies are beautiful.
Yes! I think the farmer gives out eggs once in awhile- but Lilia and my sis's children actually climbed into the chicken coop and got the eggs themselves.. LOL! I don't know if it is allowed, but they did it anyway...
I don't understand the desire for having chicks around... lol. Kids are dirty enough, even when you pick up after them - I never got into the hang of it! You're family is very sweet!
Ilona
Post a Comment