Now, it's back to the grind. Nate is working hard in school, and I am about 3 1/2 weeks away from my due date! And, I am REALLY feeling pregnant right now. I think little Malachi is carrying very low in my belly because it litterally feels like 30 lbs of weight all sitting right on my pelvis! AND, if that's not bad enough, I have to walk/RUN around for two 12 hour night shifts each week. Everyone is always looking at me, including both coworkers and patients with these worried eyes that seem to say, "If this lady doesn't go into labor tonight, it will be a sheer miracle from heaven above!" Then, I have the coworkers, all of which have NEVER been pregnant and probably never will, who constantly tell me, "YOU look EXHAUSTED," or "you look like that baby is due tomorrow." And I think in my head, "is that supposed to make me feel better?" Talk about encouraging words to help me get through these torturous night shifts.
On another topic, our whole house we insulated for free by the government because of us being "low-income." I was grateful for the free gift, but with all of the funding that comes from our taxes, can they seriously get some SLIGHTLY educated/certified people to install the insulation? The guy who installed mine was as sweet as can be, but the whole time kept telling me horror stories about him accidentally drilling a hole from the outside of the house all the way through the drywall on the inside, and blew TONS of insulation all over the inside of their house. Then, after him working on my house for 3 days, it was time for him to finish installing the insulation on the back outside wall of my house, but somehow even though he had been in my house for about 8 hours a day for the last 3 days, he couldn't remember where my kitchen was located. So, he asked me to show him where it was, then he looked at it and was like, "okay, there's your sink, so we'll make sure not to drill there so that we don't bust through one of your pipes." That comment in and of itself freaked me out! I was like, does he have problems with busting through pipes or something? Anyways, he finished up the insulation fairly quickly after that.
Then, a couple of days later, Nate and I were just getting the kitchen cleaned up and started up our dishwasher. About 5 minutes into the washing process, Nathan noticed a HUGE puddle forming not only underneath the dishwasher but underneath our refrigerator and it was spreading fast! So, we thought, MAN our dishwasher must be leaking. So we turned it off, and Nate pulled out the dishwasher to see where the leak was coming from. As he examined it and started slowly looking for a leak, he realized that the water wasn't coming from the dishwasher at all, but was actually coming from behind the drywall, right BEHIND the dishwasher! WHY would water be coming from behind the drywall you may ask? Well, because the main drainage pipe going from our house into the ground was DRILLED through when they were doing our insulation!!! Why me?? I thought. Why do I ever trust the government to do ANYTHING right? Talk about feeling exasperated. So, we looked on the outside of our house, and sure enough water was leaking out at the foundation of our house.
Luckily, we called the community action partnership (the government company who installed our insulation) and explained to them the problem, and they did get someone out the next day to fix our pipes. So, at least they fixed their mistake, and now everything is working great! So, not to be a government basher or anything, but I just think about how much of our tax dollars, one way or another go to these programs, who pay people who are not educated or qualified to do work on MANY houses, and they probably cause problems like this ALL the time, which requires for them to spend even more of our money. In the end, they spend so much money not just helping people, but fixing HUGE problems that are caused throughout the process. I just want the government to know, that I would have much rather kept my tax dollars and decided for myself what it is spent on, whether it is insulating my house, paying for my own health care, or whatever else I stand in need of. I don't need or want the government to take care of me... But unfortunately, that is what this country is forcing everyone to do. We have to be dependent on the government, because they take all of our money from us! Okay, I feel better now that I vented!
On a happier note- Lilia's favorite sentence is "I don't know what your are talking about!" And she says it quite often, especially when I ask her to do things, such as cleaning up her toys or picking up a mess. LOL! She is such a cutie, and full of a LOT of personality. I am so grateful to be blessed with such a sweet husband and daughter, as well as so many wonderful siblings, nieces, and nephews, and friends! Despite the situation of the economy, I personally feel like we are all so blessed in the country. We have the necessities: food, shelter, our loved ones near us, and of course a loving Heavenly Father who is always listening to our prayers! Not much else do we need in this life! I am so thankful for the knowledge I have of what true happiness is.
Here are fun pics from the holiday break!
4 comments:
So many cute pics!!! Eeek! I can't stop laughing at the one Aaron jumped in on! There were alot of funny ones--oh man. My fave, though was the cute one where Nathan was kissing your cheek. Really cute! (Did I say cute enough??? cute cute cute)
love it!! Ditto to steph!!! All adorable!
Post a Comment