December started off very eventful and fun because Nathan was off of school and I only had to work 2 days a week, so we were together pretty much all of the time. We decided to get all our presents for everyone ready very early so that we could concentrate on the true meaning of Christmas when the holidays got closer. As we were wrapping the presents and writing names on cards with a permanent marker, we started laughing about what kind of damage Lilia could do with a permanent marker to a house. We for some reason were enthralled with this idea and came to the conclusion that Lilia could do almost thousands of dollars of damage by just holding a permanent marker with its cap off. We were telling each other that she would probably mark all over every single wall, draw on the carpet, mark up our comforters and all of our clothing. She would see the beautiful marking of dark black and keep going at it. As we were laughing all of a sudden I looked down next to me and I couldn't see my permanent marker anywhere. The next thought that came to my mind: "FIND LILIA FAST!" We get a hold of her, and of course, our worst nightmare!! Lilia is holding a permanent marker with its CAP off and there is permanent black markings all over her lower chin. We were starting to freak out, and we looked all over the house to see what kind of damage was done. FORTUNATELY, she did not mark on anything but herself! PHEW! That was a close call! How ironic huh?
After we were done taking our beautiful family pictures, Lilia finally started having some fun and smiling!
Christmas is a truly wonderful time of year. It's a time for us all to celebrate the birth of our Savior! And, I think the best way we can celebrate such a wonderful thing is by serving Him and loving those around us. Every year, Nathan and I try to do a special service for Christmas. This year we decided to wrap up gifts and sneakily leave them on people's porches. Not only does it feel good to make someone else happy, but in return we feel happy as well! I also feel that there is nothing more important than our family! I do think we all don't really need presents for Christmas, but I think that it is important for us to do at least something for our family members during the Christmas season. Every year my family does a name exchange because there are just too many people to all give something to everyone. I enjoy having to think of a specific gift for one of my family members. It helps me think of their likes and wants, and puts what they want over my own needs. I also learn how to sacrifice, because I don't always have very much money for nice things, and I have to learn to sacrifice the nice things I want, and get something nice for someone I love! I wasn't always good at this, but Nathan, who is a HUGE gift giver, gets more excited to give than to get, is teaching me how to truly give with love. Nathan always buys gifts WAY ahead of time, and no matter what time of year it is, if he is out shopping, he is always keeping his eyes out for anything that might be worth buying for future gifts for friends and family. He is so sweet!! Anyways, back to my family Christmas this year. It truly was a wonderful one. Nathan, Lilia, and I actually had Four Christmases this year, literally! First, we went to Nathan's Parent's house on Christmas Eve and had a sweet time. Then, we had our personal Christmas on Christmas Day morning. After that, we had a Christmas celebrationg with Nathan's grandparents, and lastly, 2 days after Christmas, we went to my sister's house in Columbus and had a BIG family bash. The holidays were very enjoyable being together, making baby kits for the needy, fighting over white elephant gifts, dancing with toddlers to Christmas music, and doing our normal talking lots, eating lots, and laughing lots! Here are some holiday pictures that will tell more than I can write!!!
So, Christmas was wonderful! As a grande finale, I guess you could say, Natalie, Amelia, Danny and their kids and Nathan, Lilia, and I all went to Woodland lights last night. It was fun walking around looking at the last Christmas lights and decorations we'll probably see for the season. They had pretty paths surrounding a little lake. They also had a building full of home-made ginger bread houses and a Santa's cabin that had a live band playing jazzy Christmas music. It was pretty cool considering we only had to pay $2.00 to get in! Here is a funny pic of Nathan and I from our our little stroll:
Now that the holidays are winding down, I hope to be able to keep the Christmas spirit in my heart throughout the new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment